You can host a 5-Day Club in your home, church, or community this summer! Sign up HERE.
What is a 5-Day Club®?
A 5-Day Club® is an evangelistic neighborhood Bible Club for children. It is held in a Christian home, church, community centre, school, etc. They can also be outdoors in parks, school yards, or even someone’s backyard. 5-Day Club runs for 2 hours (typically mornings and afternoons) from Monday to Friday.
A Summer Missionary (CYIA) teaches exciting and dynamic Bible lessons on the child’s level along with an inspiring missionary story. Boys and girls also participate in games, singing, sharing and memorizing Bible verses. It’s an exciting, fun filled week!
Who can attend?
5-Day Club is open to all boys and girls between the ages of five and twelve, regardless of religious background. You are welcome to attend the club with your child.
Who teaches the 5-Day Clubs?
Our trained and fully equipped high school and college-age youth (Christian Youth in Action – CYIA) are dispatched in teams of two to lead Clubs in communities across the province. The young people come from various local churches and receive two weeks of intensive training before they begin teaching clubs all summer. These young people are supported by CEF, friends, and family who become part of their ministry to the children through prayers and financial support.
Is there a Cost?
There is NO CHARGE for your child to attend.
Who can be a Host?
A host is a respected, friendly family/individual/church concerned about the spiritual welfare of the children in their neighborhood. They are willing to be used by God to win children to Christ.
Churches and individuals can book one of our teams to help them minister for a week to the children of their own community. To learn more about this exciting summer ministry opportunity, or how you could arrange to have a CEF team in your community, please contact us.
What do Hosts do?
* Open their backyard, recreation room or porch for the Club
* Invite boys and girls to their 5-Day Club (posters and invitations will be e-mailed for you to print out)
* May be asked to help with club attendance
* Provide a simple snack for the children
* You are encouraged to sit in on the Club with the children to help with discipline problems if they arise and to fulfill our Child Protection Policy.
* Encourage the children to come each day and bring their friends to Club.
Churches or indviduals hosting a CEF summer team are asked to provide a home with room and board for the two team members for one week (Sunday to Friday). (Note: adults living in host homes will be required to meet CEF’s requirements for child abuse registry checks, as specified in the CEF Manitoba Child Protection Policy).
Benefits of Hosting a 5-Day Club!
- You can continue to work with CEF during the fall and winter teaching Discovery Time in Manitoba Schools
- Help build relationships with neighbours
- Joy in seeing children receive the Lord Jesus as their personal Saviour
- Opportunity to invite unchurched children to attend church with you
- Opens the door to share about Jesus with your neighbours
- Have a Party Club or Good News Club in your home as a ministry to your neighbourhood
For more information, contact:
Clubs Ministry Director
179 Henderson Hwy