Job Title: Discovery Time Assistant Director
Reports to: Discovery Time Director
To assist the Discovery Time program in Manitoba schools and assist with other CEF ministries as assigned.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Discovery Time Director and oversee the Discovery Time program throughout Manitoba. Recruit, mentor and support teachers/volunteers as needed. Work together with the CEF office to maintain good rapport with school teachers and principals. Assure compliance of all required Discovery Time paperwork. Raise enough financial support to cover staff and administrative expenses for the program.
- Recruit needed coordinators and teachers for the Discovery Time program
- Arrange with school district officials, principals and coordinators the day and time of classes
- Petition slips from the CEF office are to be handed out in spring where possible, adjusting timing as needed for specific situations, and returned to the CEF office. Permission slips are given out to the children in the summer or fall as required.
- Collect petitions and send to the respective school division board for approval
- Promote, arranges dates and locations for Discovery Time training workshops and attends the training in each location.
- Have all new teachers complete a Discovery Time and Volunteer Application, Child Abuse Registry form, Statement of Faith, and Teacher’s Commitment
- Have all teachers who have taught with CEF complete the following forms:
- a) Child Abuse registry (annually) b) Statement of faith (annually) c) Teacher’s commitment (annually)
- The Discovery Time Director must keep records and ensure that all teachers and coordinators have completed the necessary paperwork.
- Oversee and track teacher’s assignments to classrooms and grades that they will teach for the year
- Encourage teachers to have a prayer partner
- Work together with CEF in order to keep good rapport with the teachers and principals of the schools
- Keep the Provincial Director informed regarding any problems that arise in Discovery Time
- Complete a statistical report by June 30th and submit to the Provincial Director
- Collect and retain list of all students attending Discovery Time clubs at end of each year
- Collect and see that all Discovery Time materials are returned to the CEF office at the end of the year
- Arrange to meet with your coordinators/teachers in groups for a time of evaluation, encouragement and prayer at least once annually
- Find substitute teachers as needed
- Contact coordinators and teachers through emails and/or phone calls at least monthly
- Assist with gospel tent ministries and 5-Day Clubs as needed
- Assist in other relevant CEF activities especially during busy season such as banquets, volunteer appreciation, newsletters, CYIA training, etc.
- Plan and arrange for the Teacher Appreciation lunch every other year
- Prepare a monthly staff report to the Provincial Director’s office
- Promote Mailbox Lessons/Truth Chasers through Discovery Time
- Complete other assignments as given by the Provincial Director
- Maintain a positive attitude when working with other staff to promote ministry unity
- Complete CMI
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the CEF Staff Application.